A big welcome to our daily article on compostable capsules. You can find a lot of interesting facts, so we really hope. Other meaningful posts on plastic-free coffee pods are e.g. from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Or go through our lead blog on compostable coffee pods.
Next time you are at your preferred coffeehouse and somebody captures your eye, here are a few interesting coffee facts that you can use to start the ball rolling:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Studies have actually revealed that coffee can increase endurance and the total length of intimate encounters due to the fact that it includes a high dose of caffeine and other different alkaloids.
2) Although coffee has pertained to the Arab culture for many, many years, it did not enter into the western world up until the 1500s. Before that time, priests thought that coffee was a beverage of the devil. Yes, devil! Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of believing by taking a sip of coffee and after that giving it his true blessing.
3) Japan's main Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe it or not, there is a nation, and a tea drinking country at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work more? We will never ever understand.
4) A single acre of coffee plants will yield near to ten thousand pounds of coffee beans. Once they are crushed or hulled, there are still nearly two thousand pounds of coffee beans.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow definitely no coffee. The state that cultivates coffee is Hawaii. Is that to keep the surfers awake, we do wonder? You do not want to be sleeping when the Big Wave of your life is coming towards you.
Video: Sustainable and Nespresso-compatible Pods by Moving Beans.
6) Germany is the 2nd largest coffee consumer worldwide. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while just twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top customer of coffee) use any type of sweetener in their coffee. Alright, this was more about sweetener than coffee however you get the idea.
7) The English word coffee is from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you questioned, the word "genus" is a principal taxonomic category that ranks above types and listed below a family. Any smarter? Not sure but thanks Wikipedia.
8) Every single one of the 53 countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, in between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us a great indication on what the ideal coffee growing weather condition needs to appear like.
9) On average, people who acquire their coffee from drive-through windows prior to work will spend around 45 hours every single year waiting in line for their coffee. That's what is called passion!
10) Petroleum is the only item that is traded more heavily than coffee. The quantity of coffee produced all over the world is close to six million metric tonnes per annum.
The next time you drink coffee, or wish to start a conversation about coffee or in general, you have a few facts to show off.
We are an SME that has been providing compostable coffee capsules for many years, with much more insights at Moving Beans. Do read a pertinent blog on Nespresso-compatible pods. We were the first to provide truly aluminium-free coffee capsules.