A cup of coffee in the morning does really lift your mood and keeps you energized for the whole day but what you don’t know coffee does something more than that.
No matter how much you love coffee there will always be that one person who will tell you that you should stop drinking coffee because it is unhealthy, that person may be right because there are downsides to drinking TOO MUCH coffee such as indigestion, insomnia, and increased heart rate and blood pressure or palpitation.
As long as you drink the right amount of coffee you don’t have to worry anymore! Here are scientific facts and reasons why coffee is good for your health and why you should drink more!
Coffee Helps Enhance Physical Performance
- Caffeine stimulates your nervous system to break down body fats making the free fatty acids available as fuels.
- It also increases the adrenaline level in your blood which causes to prepares your body for intense physical exertion.
- This is one of the reasons why you should have a cup of coffee before and after the workout.
Coffee Is Healthy for Your Liver
- A study in the Archives of Internal Medicine demonstrated that coffee incidence of cirrhosis, mainly alcoholic cirrhosis for 20% every time you drink a cup of coffee, it lowers the risk of liver cancer.
With Coffee, You Will Be Happier
- drinking coffee lowers your risk of developing depression and improves brain functions because caffeine is known to activate neurotransmitters that control mood, which is dopamine and serotonin. In 2011, Harvard showed a study that women who drank 4 or more cups of coffee per day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed.
Coffee Is High in Healthful Antioxidants
- In some western diets, they include coffee in one their diets because coffee is high in antioxidants, even higher in vegetables and fruits combined! Several studies show that coffee could be the primary dietary source of antioxidants.
Drinking Coffee is Beneficial for Your Heart
- Some people may say that drinking coffee is unhealthy for your heart because it causes heart attack, this is not true although caffeine does increase blood pressure, it will diminish over time. In fact, according to the landmark Dutch study, moderate coffee drinkers, people who drink 2-4 cups a day, had a 20% lower risk of heart disease compared to light and non-coffee drinkers.
There are a lot of benefits from drinking coffee so don’t hold yourself back and grab yourself a cup!
Moving Beans is a market challenger that has provided compostable coffee pods for a long time. Check a good blog on compostable coffee pods. Moving Beans was the first to make available plastic-free Nespresso coffee capsules.